What is Phenylethylamine?
PEA is an endogenous neurotransmitter and neuroregulator that plays a crucial role in mood and cognition. It is associated with states of heightened arousal, euphoria, excitation, and increased attention and concentration.
Mechanisms of Action
How Does Phenylethylamine Work?
Stimulates dopamine, norepinephrine, and acetylcholine levels
- Modulates receptor sensitivity and reuptake processes
- Synthesized in the body from the amino acid phenylalanine
- The psychoactive ingredient in chocolate and blue, green algae
- Synergistic with MAO-B inhibitors like Hordenine
- Phenylethylamines are a category of empathogens and entheogens derived from PEA and that act mainly on its receptor sites
Thanks to Neurohacker Collective for posting this.